About Our Church
The Lighthouse Weekly:
- SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES @ 9:45 AM – Children, Youth, and Adults.
- WORSHIP SERVICES @ 10:45 AM to 11:45 AM – In the main sanctuary.
- Wednesdays: SONrise Prayer & Communion Service, 6:30-7:30 AM by Zoom.
- Wednesday Bible Study, 7:00-8:00 PM by Zoom
- Closed Thursdays
CALL: (504) 288-2242 for more details.
As followers of Christ, LCC serves God by being disciples making disciples. We reflect the life of Jesus with prayer and by sharing God’s love, empowering people, and serving our church and community while we honor and praise God.
Our mission is supported through:
- Worship – honoring and praising God
- Prayer – thanking, adoring, confessing to, and petitioning God
- Discipleship – edifying believers, spreading His word and evangelizing, while reflecting the life of Christ
- Fellowship – sharing God’s love among members and all those interacting with members
- Empowerment – confidently serving God and encouraging others to do so
- Service and Ministry – serving and supporting our church and community through outreach
Lighthouse for Christ Church will be a beacon for Jesus, drawing seekers from far and near, providing a spiritual haven which encourages a personal relationship with God and opportunities to be anchored in biblical truths and to grow toward Christian maturity.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is our final authority. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Joshua 23:6)
- We believe in the Trinity. That there is one God who exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:26, Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-14, Acts 5:3-4)
- The Father: God calls people of the world to repent of his or her sins and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and thus be born again. (Acts 17:30)
- The Son: Jesus is the Messiah, the Savior of the world who took the penalty of our sins through His death in our place on the cross. (1John 2:2)
- The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is God living in believers and shapes believers from the inside-out with new life. (John 15:26, Ezekiel 36:27)
- We believe Jesus has risen bodily from the dead, and all believers will rise bodily one day to be in His Kingdom forever. (Mark 16:6, 1Corinthians 15:52-55)
- We believe Jesus will return as Judge of the living and the dead. Jesus clearly taught that Heaven and Hell are real places, and He desperately desires all to enter His eternal Kingdom of Heaven. However, He respects people’s free will to accept Him or reject Him. (John 5:26-27)
- We believe God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.(Acts 3:19-21, Romans 10:9-10, 1Corinthians 6:9-11)
And as followers of Christ, we also believe
- that all persons are individuals of sacred worth, created in the image of God, worthy of love and respect. (1Corinthians 3:16-17, Genesis 1:27, Galatians 5:14)
- that racism is a contradiction of the gospel, which is open to all people. Thus, we recognize racism as sin and affirm the value and importance of all persons. (Galatians 3:28)
- that God created each person as male and female. (Genesis 1:27)
- that marriage is created by God between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:21-24, Matthew 19:4-6)
- that abortion cannot be affirmed as an acceptable means of birth control; as a means of gender selection or eugenics; and should only be considered when the physical life of the mother is in danger and no other medical procedure is available. (Psalm 139:13-16)